This is for those of you have considered joining a direct marketing business. These statistics show that you CAN be successful! Factoids about Direct Selling
The information contained below was snagged from DSA’s Direct Selling 411 Website. I found some of these statistics interesting – and hope you do too.
- 77% of sellers have been with their company 1+ years
- 80% of sellers say direct selling meets or exceeds their expectations
- 85% of sellers report a good, very good or excellent experience with direct selling
- 74% of US adults have purchased products from a direct seller
- 15.1 million people in the U.S. are involved in direct selling
- $29.6 billion in total US sales
- $114 billion sales worldwide
- To earn supplemental income (51%, 4,231 Votes)
- To earn full-time income (34%, 2,768 Votes)
- To buy the products at a discount (9%, 729 Votes)
- I like to be recognized for my accomplishments (4%, 292 Votes)
- I like to meet other people (2%, 208 Votes)
- 82% of direct sellers have been with their current direct selling company for one year or more, and 34% for five years or more.
- 88% of direct sellers rate their personal experience in direct selling as excellent, very good, or good.
- 85% of direct sellers say that direct selling meets or exceeds their expectations as a good way to supplement their income or as a way to make a little extra money for themselves.
- 91% of direct sellers say that direct selling meets or exceeds their expectations as a business where the harder they work the more money they can make.
If I become a direct sales representative, how much money will I make?
The earnings one can expect to make in direct selling are different for each individual based on a number of factors, including your personal goals and the amount of time you plan to dedicate to your business. The median gross income for a direct seller is about $2400 per year, or $200 a month. This figure is consistent with one of the major motivations for getting involved in direct selling – supplemental income. About 8% of direct sellers earn more than $50,000 per year.
For more information visit http://www.directselling411.com
What do you think about these numbers? Did anything surprise you? Or did you have a different view of direct selling before reading this?